Data & Analytics Specialist - Portfolio Analytics Group
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Portfolio Analytics within BlackRock Solutions creates and delivers Aladdin’s® analytical capabilities to help the firm and our clients understand and manage their investments and risk. The Active Investing Analytics team focuses on BlackRock’s Active Equity and Fixed Income businesses, creating higher quality investment processes by delivering innovative solutions grounded in our expertise of analytics, the Aladdin platform, and technology.
The team seeks a data and analytics specialist who can design, program, and deploy solutions to generate actionable insights for our investment and risk managers. This position requires strong knowledge of financial markets, deep understanding of investment processes spanning different asset classes as well as demonstrated experience leveraging technology to achieve data and analytic solutions. As a senior technologist, you will deploy our Aladdin Data Science toolkit to fundamental investment teams via specific tactical research, reporting, and idea-generation projects.
- Grow BlackRock’s business: implement sophisticated technology to deliver tactical solutions that support business decisions and enhances the investment process in a scalable fashion
- Manage senior relationships with BlackRock’s portfolio and risk managers, forge opportunities for new commercial applications of existing data and analytics
- Collaborate with software engineering, financial modeling, and portfolio management teams to design and deploy solutions. Lead inclusive and highly functional teams
- Partner with platform, core data, and shared services engineers, providing thoughtful feedback to improve, test, and deploy our data sciences platform
- Develop a technical and quantitative curriculum and lead training classes to augment the capabilities of Portfolio Analytics Group team members
- 6-10 years of experience in a highly analytical role in a technology or financial services setting. Experience in financial modeling, analytics, and investment systems preferred
- Requires broad and proficient knowledge of modern techniques in scripting. Strong candidates will present with experiences in database and distributed data management, optimization, machine learning, natural language processing or data modeling
- Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems, entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies
- Demonstrated relationship management experience. Established success delivering to a diverse client base
- Recruit, coach, develop, and manage team members, providing oversight on strategic firm initiatives
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.