Data Technology Lead – Information Architecture
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Feb 19
Data Technology Lead – Information Architecture
The Information Architect is responsible for data analysis, data architecture, data modeling, development and governance of principles and standards that impact how data elements are developed and managed across the enterprise. This role is also responsible for leading the execution of S&P Ratings data Strategy such that it meets the needs for various business functions across its transactional, operational & analytical applications. The ideal candidate should have deep expertise with data management technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise. The role requires the candidate to be hands on data architect with Oracle, Exadata data management technologies.
You will be senior expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization's Data Services Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization's critical data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Data Services team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings global enterprise data strategy.
Our Hiring Manager Says
If you are an individual that would like to help drive diverse aspects of enterprise data strategy, such as: Data Modelling, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence, Data Quality/Governance, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with sound technical knowledge, can be hands-on, worked on transformational initiatives, and can drive results.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of database design and implementation, services, master data management, data modeling, data quality, data governance, data access & data integration
- Responsible for gathering requirements and translate into actionable IT deliverables using industry-proven data management best practices
- Lead the implementation of strategy roadmap for the enterprise data; including data modeling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data, warehouse and advanced data analytics systems
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
- Enforce and implement Data architecture principles, standards, metrics and policies
- Partner with the chief data office, enterprise architecture organization to ensure best use of standards for the key data use cases
- Create and maintain the enterprise data model at the conceptual, logical and physical Level
- Work closely with strategic projects and coaches development teams on defined standards and methods for data usage and propagation.
- Coaches development teams in identifying the correct location for system-of-record data needed in Ratings applications.
- Develops and documents enterprise data standards and provides technical oversight on projects to ensure compliance through the adoption and promotion of industry standards / best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards.
- Provide leadership & guidance on solving highly complex problems in data architecture, design and build of complex applications and perform design reviews
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- 6+ years of expert knowledge in data modeling tools like Erwin/Power Designer and database technologies like Oracle, Exadata
- Extensive Data modelling / ontology / taxonomy / metadata experience; specifically designing logical models / ontologies / data dictionaries from both business requirements and reverse-engineering
- Experienced technology lead with extensive experience with Data Management, Data Security, Data Quality, Data Governance
- Experience with development frameworks as well as data and integration technologies such as Informatica
- Build and liaise with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and roll-out.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment, understanding of project management principles
- Financial services industry experience