Data Specialist - Custom Baskets
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we're responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. On the Custom Index team, we're tasked with supplying the market with up-to-date, accurate, and complete information about bespoke index providers and their indices operating within the industry to provide first-in-class analytical and comparison tools to the greater investing community.
As a Data Specialist on Bloomberg's Custom Index Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Index Database in a hands-on and fast paced role. You'll gain first hand exposure to the index ecosystem, client workflows, and data analysis as you work alongside other members of the Third Party Index data team, Bloomberg Sales, Enterprise, and News to deliver content to the market. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Optimize and build improvements to current custom index platforms/tooling to iterate on product developments/future enhancements with stakeholders across Engineering and Product
- Manage relationships with major Sell-side clients, Delta-One Desks, and bespoke index providers in the industry to onboard data to Bloomberg's Third Party Index Database and drive Terminal adoption
- Serve as a subject matter expert to technical partners to drive product vision and innovate across Bloomberg's Third Party Index offering
- Maintain a constant presence in the industry through networking and leading at conferences and events
- Work with Bloomberg Sales and News teams to showcase new content and analyses derived from Bloomberg's Third Party Index database to current and potential clients
We'd love to see:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working within the asset management, alternative investment, or market data industries such as equities or trading systems
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA -Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.