Data Scientist - Financial Services
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Synechron Inc.
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
Synechron is looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist to be part of it's emerging technology group. Candidate will be part of a core team tasked to build new Machine Learning/AI Practice for Synechron.
- Candidate will be part of a core team tasked to build new Machine Learning/AI Practice for Synechron.
- A senior data scientist experienced in working on using AI and machine learning to solve complex client problems. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, building high-quality prediction systems, use deep learning techniques, NLP and working closely with clients in the financial industry.
- You will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. You will lead applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our solutions for various financial institutions. You will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. As our data scientist, you will provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization.
- You have a PhD or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline.
- You have worked in a financial environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- With 10+ years of experience delivering world-class data science outcomes, you solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with your unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and you are able to communicate that passion to product managers and engineers. You have a keen desire to solve business problems and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- Propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- You desire a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative engineering environment.
- You love learning, data, scale and agility. You excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you. You’re driven to show the world the power of applied analytics.
- Must have excellent Python, R and software development skills.
- Experience working with various operating system environments including Linux and Windows.
- Experience creating data visualizations involving large datasets and performant slicing and dicing options.
- Experience with frameworks like Pandas, Numpy etc. for data manipulation.
- Experience with database solutions like Postgresql, Oracle or other relational databases preferred.
- Comfortable working in Hadoop and/or Spark.
- Understand how to implement high performance, well-behaved analytics applications.