Data Scientist - Data Science Core
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology in artificial intelligence and data science and all the potential they represent. The Data Science Core organization has been developed to address this need and systematically leverage data science and artificial intelligence techniques directly in our businesses. Data Science Core acts as central hub to formalize data science efforts under way and leverage artificial intelligence to solve high priority problems across the firm while driving consistent standards, best practices, and expanding BlackRock’s data science community. Data Science Core will spearhead an initiative to accelerate how BlackRock uses artificial intelligence and associated disciplines – machine learning, data science, natural language processing – to improve outcomes and drive progress for investors, clients, and the firm.
We are looking for candidates with unique backgrounds and diverse skillsets with fresh perspectives to accelerate and amplify our efforts to make an impact at BlackRock. Data Science Core aims to bring best of class technologies, analytics, and insights to the entirety of the firm and to our clients utilizing data from a wide variety of sources including text, news feeds, financial reports, time series transactions, logs, imagery, and real-time data.
Check this out: BlackRock in the News
As a Data Scientist, you will evaluate and improve BlackRock’s products. You will work with a multi-discipline, multi-region team of world-class data scientists, engineers, and investment professionals on a corporate-wide set of client, investor, and operational problems. The position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring data and analytical quality, building (NLP, Graph, Statistical) technology capabilities, and understanding the needs and behaviors of our end users and clients.
- Work with large complex data sets. Solve novel investment, client, or operational analysis problems by applying analytical methods.
- In conjunction with the team, conduct end to end analysis that consists of gathering, requirements specification, processing, analysis, algorithms, builds, ongoing deliverables, and presentations for specific projects. This will include but not be limited to the transformation and integration of data sets such as real-time financial data and reports, text, news feeds, audio, imagery, or log data.
- Build and prototype analysis and data pipelines iteratively that will lead to insights at scale. Develop holistic understanding of BlackRock data structures and metrics, advocating for changes to promote new product features or sales opportunities within the team.
- Assist in the development of business recommendations with effective presentation of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders using visual analytic displays of quantitative information. Communicate findings with stakeholders as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning, statistics, building data pipelines, exploratory data analysis, and other aspects of the data science process
- Background in basic mathematical and statistical principles such as regression, probability distributions, multi-variate calculus, matrix algebra.
- Familiarity with tools such as Python, R, Julia or MATLAB
- MS degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline (computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, physics, engineering or related field)
- Experience with the analysis or application of data in finance, biology, economics, sociology or related fields.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.