At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Department Overview:
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) is seeking a Data Scientist to be part of a team supporting all business and support functions across Fitch for high priority transformative initiatives. This is a formative opportunity to influence and innovate as part of the Emerging Tech team within the CDO function. In this role, the Data Scientist will partner with other data scientists as well as Business and ML engineers to work on various Modeling and ModelOps topics. The Emerging Tech team's mandate is to coordinate and catalyze the adoption of innovative AI, machine learning, and automation solutions across the Fitch Group. Role Description:
- Build, i.e. train, test, and assess viability, of predictive and classificatory models using standard Python packages (sci-kit learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Work closely with business & product owners to work out model specifications and implementation plans
- Work closely with ML engineers to deploy the models into production
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for modeling techniques on both structured and unstructured data , partner with and provide guidance to other data scientists and modelling teams
- Explore state-of-the-art modeling approaches and third-party providers and share knowledge with model developers and related teams
Skills & Experience:
- Conduct thorough reviews of ML model implementation and performance as a key contributor in the governance and validation process
- 7+ years of experience in a comparable quantitative modeling or analytics role, ideally in the financial sector
- Demonstrated experience in applying statistical and/or machine learning techniques to a variety of problems using both structured and unstructured data
- Proven experience with at least one deep-learning framework
- Proven experience with at least one large cloud-computing environment, ideally AWS, in particular its storage, processing and deployment modules
- Proven experience with app containerisation
- Experience working with data visualization and BI tools, both open source (e.g. Plotly/Dash, Seaborn) and vendor-based (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik Sense)
- Experience in implementing distributed and/or parallelized processing systems, e.g. Apache Spark, Hadoop, Presto
- Understanding of present-day open-source and vendor AI/ML technologies including their capabilities, limitations, and a good instinct for operationalisability of particular applications
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users & ability to sell a compelling data story to business stakeholders
- Ability to work flexibly in an agile environment towards tight deadlines
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY :
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.