Data Scientist The Location:
Office in Colorado, open to virtual employment The Level:
10 (internal purposes) The Team:
The S&P Global Ratings Data Science team combines automation, machine learning, and data engineering to improve the delivery of Ratings data & content to our analysts and customers. The team sits within the organizations Operating Office and works in close partnership with all teams throughout the organization.
You will be a part of key transformation projects aiming to streamline and automate our data processes: sourcing, collection, tagging, linking, extraction, translation, and other manual processes.
In doing so, you will build relationships across the division to generate and unlock new and existing data for content delivery through technological advancements using intelligent automation, data science, and coding design principles.
Projects will span the entirety of the data and content value chain enhancing customer satisfaction, and driving business results and growth through the timely and accurate delivery of fundamentals, ratings and reference data. The Impact:
You will be a key member of the S&P Global Ratings Data Science team, playing a key role in developing intelligent automation solutions for our data and content generation processes. You will work with technology, business and operations teams in this role, driving and executing on automation improvement opportunities to expand our capabilities around making our data value chain processes more efficient. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 to $141,800. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Key Responsibilities:
Key Qualifications :
- Execute and serve as lead and/or SME on cross-organizational and cross-divisional projects automating our data value chain processes through automation, and new technologies
- Design solutions and develop automation capabilities, such sourcing, collection, ingestion, extraction, transformation, translation, linking, and tagging
- Mentor junior team members on coding best practices
- Support digitization of datasets and accelerate digitization of new data identified by the Content and Data Operations teams
- Serve as a source of knowledge for the Data Science team for process improvement, automation (Python, Alteryx, SQL, etc), and new technologies available to enable best-in-class timeliness and data coverage
- Develop skills for 'listening to learn' with the express goal of understanding processes and associated problems which enable efficient, automated solutions
- Review business processes and rules to understand potential repeatable processes and engage affected teams to consult on automation solutions
- Be a strong partner with all the teams and stakeholders your projects and work involve
- Monitor market trends in the data science/automation space identifying and onboarding new technologies and solutions to address business needs
- Demonstrate innovation, customer focus, and experimentation mindsets
About S&P Global Ratings
- Strong experience in at least one of: Python, SQL or other programming languages
- Knowledge in at least two of: DevOps/DataOps, Django, Algorithms/Algorithm design, NLP, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Docker, Linux, Process Engineering
- Proven track record as a high-performing practitioner and strong executor, particularly in content-related domain
- Strong domain knowledge & content expertise within Credit Rating Agencies a significant plus
- Ability to quickly build credibility and relationships across multiple global teams
- Ability to work effectively within and across teams, foster collaboration
- Aptitude to communicate and deliver on projects, strong prioritization and organization skills
- Strong communication skills. This includes translating technical details into concepts for non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills. Able to quickly identify and understand issues and drive towards effective resolution
- Experience as part of a team that leverages Agile
- Strong familiarity with latest technologies to accelerate data operations
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263209 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States