- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17
Location: New York, NY, USAWe have impact. So will you.
The Moody's Analytics Content team has a great opportunity for a talented, self-motivated and responsible Data Scientist to join our high-performing team. Working out of our New York, NY office, you will help to shape the overall direction of moodys.com desktop and mobile platforms, as well as several other key web properties that influence financial markets worldwide.
- Working closely with product strategists, graphic/information designers and engineers to build data products, models, and conduct studies
- Analyzing key questions about our products and their users; proactively studying our data for new insights
- Coding projects and prototyping functional solutions through a rapid, iterative analysis/design/development process
- Participating in strategy and brainstorming meetings and leading data-driven discussions with business teams
- Researching the latest technologies and methodologies as needed
Moody's Analytics / Content
- 2+ years working as a data scientist
- Deep working experience applying machine learning and statistics to real world problems
- Ability to write complex SQL queries in short order
- Solid understanding of a wide range of data mining / machine learning software packages (e.g., Spark ML, scikit-learn, H2O, Weka, Keras)
- Experience with version control systems (git) and comfortable using command-line tools
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal; must be able to communicate clearly with the core team as well as other teams in the company
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work, and time management skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, desire for collaboration, and solid work ethic
- Knowledge of semantic web technology (e.g., RDF, OWL, SPARQL)
- Knowledge of search technologies (e.g., Solr, ElasticSearch)
- Expert knowledge of web analytics
- Experience using and building APIs
- Financial industry working knowledge
- PhD in a relevant field or equivalent experience
With your application, please include:
- Your resumé
- A short note introducing yourself and why this position appeals to you
- A link to a portfolio and/or code samples demonstrating your work experience (GitHub, Kaggle, KDD contributions earn major props)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.