Data Science Academy Analyst
Point72 Academy | Data Science
We're looking for problem-solvers with strong statistics backgrounds and coding experience. In our 12-month full-time training program, you'll learn to be a front-office Point72 Discretionary Data Scientist - and get paid competitively along the way.
A Career with Point72's Academy
We are creating the future of finance, starting with how we train our data science professionals - and that starts with the Point72 Data Science Academy. In this 12-month full-time program, we will teach you everything you need to know to be a front-office Point72 Discretionary Data Scientist - and pay you competitively along the way. After graduating from the Academy, you will be placed in a permanent role on an investing team. What you'll do
You will learn the skills you need to work directly with a Portfolio Manager and their team of Investment Analysts to connect the dots between fundamental research and data. We'll train you in fundamental investing as you help your colleagues better understand data science - the process, insights, and application. You will see the direct effect of your work through impact on profit.
- Academics - You will learn about data engineering best practices and applied statistical techniques. You'll also develop expertise in fundamental research through the Point72 Academy curriculum for investment professionals.
- Apprenticeship - You will work with our Portfolio Managers and Analysts to develop insights in support of their investment processes.
- Mentorship - You will join Point72's internal network of data scientists and data engineers who will advise you throughout the program and beyond as you begin your career on a discretionary investment team.
We're looking for problem-solvers with strong math backgrounds and coding experience. You must be eager to learn, open-minded, and excited to find new ways to apply data science methods and insights.
- Undergraduate degree (or above) is required. 1-3 years of working experience, preferably in a role that requires the use of data is a plus.
- Math background through at least Linear Algebra. Additional background in applied statistical methods is highly desirable.
- Evidence of self-sufficient coding expertise, through work product or extra-curricular interest, in Python or Ruby. SQL, R, and additional languages are a plus. Formal education in programming is not required.
- Interest in helping differing skill sets understand data science.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Fierce commitment to integrity.
- Self-motivated, mature, and eager to learn.
- Exceptional critical and analytic thinking ability.
- Demonstrated passion for problem-solving, no matter the discipline.
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.