Data Protection Security Analyst (Remote/Virtual)
Job Title: Data Protection Security Analyst Location: Hermitage
, TN, Rosslyn VA or can consider other locations in the US for the right candidate
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
You will assist in the analysis of new security protection technologies and the operational services for the enterprise to ensure that the appropriate controls are selected. You work closely with management, leads, peers; development teams, business analysts, and end users to ensure data protection for systems are used by all areas the organization. Regularly perform new technology installations to perform detail feature and usability analysis based on vendor's offerings against Deloitte business needs. You would support Information Security programs which include security enhancements, new security technology evaluation and testing, project requirement gathering, internal client communications, data protection inquiries, documentation, and security awareness. Your duties would include:
- Provide technical support to end users in troubleshooting issues related to CASB, Email Rights Management technology, Encryption Key Management, PKI SSL Certificates, Code Signing etc.
- Identify new security protection technologies to enhance business services. Perform technology research, hands-on evaluation, and provide technical summary of the solution based on business use cases.
- Assist with project delivery and operations of our data classification and enterprise rights management technology across US Member Firm.
- Assist internal customers in understanding the elements of SSL Certificate Management Platform and assist in driving the project delivery to on-board SSL Certificates to it.
- Assist in performing Firewall Rules security review and SSL Certificate request reviews
- Assist with the development, deployment and support of Data Protection solutions.
- Support the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of security applications and tools based upon the established security architecture.
- Assists in the identification of potential security exposures that currently exist or may pose potential threats to Deloitte's networks or systems. Notifies leaders of potential or existing threats and assists in the development of risk mitigating strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Assist in building communication channels with Deloitte functional service line teams gathering information how to support their needs and provide enhanced data protection services.
- Assists with development and communication of information protection guidelines and requirements.
- Provides project support for security functions. This includes assisting with security design and preparing security documentation for internal process as well as internal/external audits and assessments.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence. The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand. Areas of focus include:
- Cyber design
- Risk & Compliance
- Technology Risk Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Incident Response and Architecture
How you'll grow
- 3 years of professional experience within data security and information security
- Working knowledge with common IT technologies such as Windows Server, Linux/Unix, Databases, Active Directory/LDAP, virtualization, end-user devices etc.
- Familiarity with networks, firewalls, end point security, cloud security.
- Preferably possess experience in several areas from the following:
- Data encryption services and technologies
- Data classification and rights management services and technologies
- SSL Certificate lifecycle management services and technologies
- Cloud Access Security Broker services and technologies
- Firewall Rules Security Review
- Digital Code Signing
- Technology evaluation and research capability to pilot new security technologies
- Industry security frameworks
- Network communication architecture
- Communication and technical writing skills
- Familiarity with change management and deployment processes in large IT organizations
- Education: BA/BS degree in computer science preferred or 4 years of relevant experience may substitute for college degree.
- CISSP, SANS or comparable information security certifications preferred
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to help them to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATSSPCLJ039-ITL4