Working with a tier 1 hedge fund who are hiring for a platform developer to build a system from scratch to monitor firms risk and positions across multiple asset classes in real-time.
I am currently working with one of the world's most successful hedge funds, who are seeking world class Software Engineers to join their internal technology network of engineers who are responsible for solving complex, high impact problems. As a Software Engineer within this organisation, you will be operating at the intersection of trading and technology.
You will also gain training, experience, mentorship and exposure that will place you on the fast path to success, as well as direct sponsorship of the firm's CTO. I'm looking for a platform developer (python) to embed themselves within the researchers and portfolio managers to help build a framework that monitor portfolio performance and risk using Peta bytes of trading / market data.
You will be:
- Own the end to end engineering process from conceptual design of the system to hands on development of the platform
- Work with petabytes of trading / market data, analyse them and make it available for the PMs and the business users to monitor risk in real-time.
- Architect and deliver scalable environments for Quantitative Researchers to operate and collaborate in
- Strong Python developer and reviewer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field with demonstrated strong CS fundamentals
- At least two years of experience working in a quantitative development role; Experience working with quantitative researchers and large development teams; or four plus years of industry experience
- C++, R and/or KDB/Q valued but not required
- Undergraduate/postgraduate qualification in computer science/engineering from a leading university
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Henlow is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.