Data Engineers - Hadoop
We are hiring Data Engineers
in multiple locations
to join our Currenex teams in (Redwood City, CA , Vancouver, BC CA or New York). Currenex is a market-leading technology provider offering the FX community high-performance technology and deep pools of liquidity for anonymous and disclosed trade execution. We provide our clients with a unique service- tailored access to disclosed and undisclosed liquidity together on a single screen. And with many significant market liquidity sources connected to our venue, we're a premium source for FX liquidity in the market. What you will do
What we value
- Build, maintain and Continuously improve data management systems that are on our premises
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and stream processing architectures of highly scalable big data stores
- Implement data reliability, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Perform data modeling activities.
- Take high level design from data architects or lead data engineers and translate them into detailed design.
- Interact directly with business users to take their requirements and translate them into detailed design.
Your background demonstrates:
Bonus Points for
- 5 + years min experience within Data Engineering and Analytics
- You possess experience in data integration, data lake, or data warehouse projects.
- 2-3 yrs proven experience in Spark, SQL, Python and Kafka
- Experience in the Hadoop ecosphere, (Oozie, Hue, kudu, Hive).
- Coding proficiency in Java and Scala a plus
- AWS preferred
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Bitbucket, etc..) also a plus