Point72 A Career with Point72's Platform Engineering Team
Point72's Market Intelligence Data (MI Data) group drives high quality fundamental research powered by advanced data analytics to help inform investment decisions at Point72. Our Platform Engineering team manages the technology infrastructure used to ingest, process, and visualize the large and unstructured data sets behind our alternative data investment signals. Our engineering team is nimble and maintains a start-up culture - it is backed by the full support of Point72 management who recognizes that our work is essential to the success of the business.
What you'll do
Our Data Engineers tackle the complex technical challenges associated with processing big and unstructured data sets. In this role, you will:
- Partner with portfolio managers and data scientists to understand the potential business value of data sets and build data processing pipelines to help deliver that value
- Find innovative solutions to ingest and process new data sources using open source technologies, agile-based development processes, and cloud computing
- Maintain best in class infrastructure through evaluations and proof of concepts with cutting-edge of technology and frameworks
- Take on a number of new initiatives as an individual contributor that have the potential to grow into more sizable engineering efforts in the future.
We want you to join us if you have experience or demonstrated interest in big data technologies. Requirements include:
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- A degree in Computer Science and strong programming experience in Python or Java
- Experience working with data at scale using Hadoop, Spark or other large-scale data platforms
- Ability to devise novel and innovative solutions to challenges in a collaborative environment
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.