- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- FactSet Research Systems Inc
- 20 Sep 17
The Quantitative Risk Research team is responsible for building risk models used as a part of FactSet platform by institutional investment managers worldwide.
FactSet is a financial data and software company headquartered in Norwalk, CT with offices in 35 locations worldwide. As a global provider of financial information and analytics, FactSet helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. More than 87,500 users stay ahead of global market trends, access extensive company and industry intelligence, and monitor performance with FactSet’s desktop analytics, mobile applications, and comprehensive data feeds. As of February 2017, annual subscription value reached $1.19 billion and headcount passed 8,500.
FactSet was ranked #89 on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Places to Work” list in 2016 and has consistently been recognized as a great workplace by leading publications.
The Quantitative Risk Research team is responsible for building risk models used as a part of FactSet platform by institutional investment managers worldwide. The risk modeling effort is based on large and diverse market datasets collected and stored by various FactSet groups. We are looking for a data engineer who will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining the data-warehousing for the team. The candidate must have deep knowledge of modern data paradigms and the tools needed for architecture, design, and management of very large datasets, and the ability and aptitude for applying these tools.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with research team members on project goals
- 3+ years of experience working with large datasets, data storage, and statistical analysis
- MS/PhD in a quantitative filed (statistics preferred)
- Deep knowledge of relational databases. Ability to develop highly efficient databases to hold large, complicated data structures. Knowledge of SQL language
- Good understanding of database design and architecture principles;
- Knowledge of data processing techniques, statistical data cleaning and analysis.
- Knowledge of Python and C++
- Being able to work autonomously, collaborate with others to clarify requirements and collect data from multiple sources, and develop, refine, and scale data management procedures, systems, and workflows.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of finance is not required
To find out more about opportunities at FactSet, visit us at www.factset.com/careers, www.facebook.com/factset, or www.twitter.com/factset.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.