- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAIn this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' development team, creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will work directly with the various stakeholders to support key applications and processes. You will be participating in strategy and brainstorming meetings and leading data-driven discussions. You will have opportunity to learn the intricate details of structured finance business and collaborate on POC projects utilizing AI/ML, AWS, Graph Databases, elastic search, streaming frameworks and etc.
- Understand and support the various data collection processes and distribution of all structured finance performance data (RMBS,CMBS, ABS, Agency, CLO/CDO asset classes). The data that we process is utilized in multiple internal and external products and solutions.
- Core activities will include supporting existing processes and applications, SQL server development, Apache Spark ETL/Streaming, new application modules and reports, developing new products in the structured finance space, as well as refactoring the existing infrastructure, general user support, periodic data auditing, troubleshooting and establishing a feedback loop to help identify problems and prioritize enhancements.
- Associate will be working within a team of developers in a startup like and highly collaborative culture, in a highly dynamic development environment.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with object oriented programming languages (C#, Java, C++, or Python)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Solid understanding of relational database technologies. Hands-on database development skills including SQL programming (developing stored procedures, functions and reports. Experience developing low-latency SQL queries/stored procedures. Experience working with one of the following: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases.
- Proficiency with Spark 2.0+, HDFS ,parquet and Spark SQL.
- Experience engineering stream data pipelines with Spark Streaming and/or Kafka-Streams and developing data-driven products.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with high volume OLTP/OLAP systems.
- 1+ years hands-on work experience in designing and building large-scale data applications and pipelines that are well-designed, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered.
- Working knowledge of AWS services like Lambda, EMR is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of REST and SOAP.
- Experience using/building APIs and knowledge of search technologies (Solr, Elastic Search)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with web UI frameworks.
- You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, maintenance and support of global systems and be heavily involved in working with the business.
- You must be a quick learner with a strong aptitude for success in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Good verbal/written communication skills required
- General financial industry concepts/ awareness required
- Experience with data analysis, Big Data and BI tools is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus
- Working experience applying machine learning and statistics to real world problems is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of capital markets preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.