- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Dec 17
Location: New York, NY, USAThe individual will be an integral part of Moody's Corporate Finance Infrastructure team, providing business data and process support to Corporate Finance managers. The individual will be responsible for sourcing and organizing data connected to core rating / research activities and personnel, and will be the owner of several key business processes.
The role comprises a broad range of tasks including data compilation, interpretation and analysis as well as the generation and maintenance of data and related reports. Communication with various business partners, including senior managers, is critical to success. A familiarity with credit analysis and capital markets is desirable, although the core requirements remain proven data analysis and information management capabilities.
- Develop a good knowledge of Moody's applications and data repositories, both "legacy" and new
- Liaise with analysts and team managers on a regular basis to provide and receive information on rating, research and outreach activity, and information connected with personnel movements
- Gather and generate information for scheduled management reporting, and respond to ad-hoc requests for information
- Present information to managers and analysts in user-friendly, comprehensive, value-added formats
- Develop and maintain relationships with other departments involved in data generation and business activity reporting
- Actively contribute to Moody's business transformation by identifying and implementing process improvements, participating in development and user testing of new applications
Corporate Finance Group (CFG)
- Highly organized and efficient; strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience within a data related role, with ability to formulate queries and build relationships between different data sets
- Competency in Excel database functions, including pivot tables and lookup functions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Sharepoint.
- Proactive, able to work independently, without close supervision and under tight deadlines
- Thoroughness and attention to details
- Strong problem solving skills, solid judgment and decision-making
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal skills. Teamwork and relationship building are essential
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.