Data/Business Analyst - Capital Markets/Regulatory
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Advantage XPO
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Business Analysts – Capital Markets/Regulatory Space About our client Our client is a leading provider of products and consulting services to some of the world’s largest finance, technology and energy institutions. They are the developer of the world-leading database technology kdb+.
Our client is growing with 13 global offices including NYC and 1800+ people and growing. They remain profitable with market cap of $680M Euro as of 2017. They are also listed as top 3 all-time best performing company by AIM.
Our client service a diverse market including: Banks, Asset Managers, Hedge funds, Exchanges, Data Providers, Tech Companies and Industrial Corporates often with multi-system and/or high volume trading activities, the Company scopes, designs, develops, implements and supports a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations. The Company’s software is also to help organizations solve their most demanding data management and analytics challenges.
Our client is growing and is currently building up their bench; they are looking for Business Analysts with 2 to 5 years’ experience within the financial industry to join their Capital Markets Consulting Business based in midtown/NYC.
Business/Data Analyst - Capital Markets/Regulatory Consulting
Our client is looking for Business Analysts to join their Capital Markets Business. They look for individuals who are strategic, thrive in a fast paced environment and possess a strong analytical aptitude to help solve complex business challenges.
- Collecting, understanding and transmitting the business requirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans
- Provide technical knowledge with respect to the application of complex regulatory requirements
- Assess and comply with banking and other applicable regulations, such as DFAST, CCAR, Basel III and Dodd Frank, as well as understand the evolving regulatory landscape.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from client on the specifications.
- Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts.
- Interface with various stakeholders across multiple business units understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
- Experience working in a financial institute as Business Analyst
- Experience of working in medium to large teams in complex project environments
- Knowledge within Capital Markets (fixed income, equities, FX, derivatives etc).
- Experience within regulatory space (dodd-frank, CCAR, MiFID, FATCA, Basel)
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business processes
- Demonstrable experience writing requirements specifications for Information Systems
- Strong experience with Excel, VBA, SQL or python
- Results orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills