- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
DATA API Services Lead
DATA API Services Lead
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18035359
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Job Background/context :
The position is based in NY and entails leading an application development team and plays a vital part in the development of server side data Big Data API components. Strong OO and design skill are very desirable with an ability to deliver robust solutions. This role requires strong analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources and applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
Key Responsibilities :
- Strong technologist and leader willing to roll-up his or her sleeves as needed
- Strong hands-on leader who will be expected to mentor
- Ensuring adherence to process and quality, and identifying project/program delivery risks and works on risk mitigation
- The candidate will be required to work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
The candidate will work with state-of-the-art technologies and building out enterprise-level platforms.
Required Skills :
· Strong analytical and technical ability, with 12+ years in software development and design using OO methods.
· Strong software engineering background and application of the same in the products developed
· Strong architecture skills
· Big Data Hadoop Tuning and Apache Camel Step Framework development
· Core required experience in Java and .NET in a real or near-real time environment developing OMS and EMS state management software.
· Proven record of delivering sophisticated server applications developed with a programming language like Java and Net along with the relevant core concurrent multi-threaded libraries.
· Experience with the following technologies advantageous: Messaging product - Tibco, MQ , 29West etc
· Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
· Methodologies - Agile, Test Driven Development.
· Version Control Systems: Git
· Following Tools are a plus- Grunt, Jenkins, Bower and testing tools like JUnit, Jasmine, Cucumber / Gherkins, Jmeter
· Able to work in distributed teams across multiple time zones
· Experience in Java .NET and similar programming languages
· Big Data Cloudera or Hadoop Stack
· Experience leading and delivering multiple soup-to-nuts solution. Design, development and Production rollout with the right unit integration and capacity testing, resiliency and benchmarking consideration.
· Able to work in a fast paced environment independently
· Able to work as a strong team player and individual contributor in a distributed team
· Strong communication and problem solving skills
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity :
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.