Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Senior Associate - Supervision Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. The objectives of this unit are to
- Support, influence and sustain a Risk Analysis Competency that will enable the Federal Reserve’s supervisory community to adequately identify, evaluate, monitor and measure systemic, current and emerging cybersecurity risks, trends and countermeasures impacting the financial services sector; and
- In collaboration with other the Board and FRB districts, advance supervisory cybersecurity risk identification, evaluation and measurement practices;
- With a sound understanding of critical financial market structures, processes and activities, assess the interconnected nature of critical markets to identify and evaluate financial sector systemic cybersecurity risks and resilience issues stemming from interdependencies, common points of failure, concentrations;
- Respond quickly to financial institution cyber vulnerabilities in providing analytics on impact, propagation and interconnectedness;
- Advise supervisory staff on technically advanced Cybersecurity policy interpretation and Supervisory matters;
- Build partnerships with critical stakeholders within large financial institution, financial industry special interest groups, representative small, medium and niche financial institutions or consortiums (e.g., FFIEC, SIFMA), domestic regulatory / intelligence community and potentially international regulators (e.g., the BIS) to establish a consistent cyber risk assessment framework;
Individuals in this job family have expertise in information security, a working knowledge of financial markets workings and should have or develop proficiency in business continuity and resiliency; especially as it relates to financial institution cybersecurity matters. Your role as a Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Senior Associate:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of methodologies and practices for identifying cyber risks across the financial sector and portfolios of firms.
- Develop and contribute to cross-firm analyses that provide insights into systemic, current and emerging cybersecurity risks and trends affecting supervised institutions and the financial services sector as a whole.
- Understand critical financial market structures, activities and processes to help advance cyber risk identification and policy initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cyber risk management practices, maintain and share knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats, vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Recommend, design and construct cybersecurity risk metrics and data analytics to influence the direction of standards, policy initiatives, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Effectively communicate though written products and oral communications to supervisory leaders the conclusions and recommendations from risk analysis work.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- At a minimum, bachelor’s degree in IT, cyber or business related field. Preferred certifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- 7 year’s relevant cyber security, information security and IT risk management experience.
- Strong knowledge of current cyber security threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in addressing the security concerns facing large enterprises.
- Working knowledge of critical financial markets and activities.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and executing cybersecurity risk assessments.
- Experience and ability to harness and analyze large sets of heterogeneous data using data analysis and visualization tools and techniques.
- Ability to understand and synthesize technical issues to technical and business representatives and translate these to business implications.
- Ability to think outside of the box and to learn new approaches to modeling problems with a focus on the practical application of the results.
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills.
- Team player with excellent consultative, communication, writing and project management skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
T he Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.