Cybersecurity Policy Senior Associate - Supervision Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. The objectives of this unit are to:
- Evaluate, formulate, advocate and communicate cybersecurity policy objectives affecting supervised firms in order to identify, measure, monitor and control current and emerging cybersecurity risks impacting the financial services sector.
- In collaboration with other the Board, FRB districts and regulatory partners, advance supervisory cybersecurity guidance and policies.
- With a sound understanding of critical financial market structures, processes and activities, evaluate financial sector systemic cybersecurity risks and resiliency issues stemming from interdependencies, common points of failure, and concentrations;
- Respond quickly to financial institution cyber vulnerabilities by coordinating and communicating a response plan to cyber events in the financial sector.
Advise leadership and staff on Cybersecurity policy interpretation and Supervisory matters;
- Build partnerships with critical stakeholders within large financial institutions, financial industry special interest groups, representative small, medium and niche financial institutions or consortiums (e.g., FFIEC, SIFMA), domestic regulatory / intelligence community and potentially international regulators (e.g., the BIS) to establish a consistent cyber risk assessment framework;
Individuals in this job family have expertise in information security, a working knowledge of financial markets and should have or develop proficiency in business continuity and resiliency; especially as it relates to financial institution cybersecurity matters. Your role as a Cyber Security Policy Senior Associate:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Influence and lead cybersecurity policy initiatives to drive down cybersecurity risk to the financial services sector and portfolio of firms.
- Lead cross-portfolio analyses that provide insights into the current and emerging cybersecurity risks and trends impacting supervised institutions, and non-banking entities affecting the financial services sector.
- Design and support tools to evaluate the cyber risk management capabilities and resiliency of supervised institutions
- Understand critical financial market structures, activities and processes to help advance cyber risk policy initiatives and financial sector cyber resiliency.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cyber risk management practices, maintain and share knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats, vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Effectively communicate though written products and oral communications to leadership and staff.
- At a minimum, bachelor’s degree in IT, cyber or business related field. Preferred certifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- 7 year’s relevant cyber security, information security and IT risk management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of critical financial markets and activities.
- Ability to collect information, viewpoints and analyses from individuals of different expertise and backgrounds, and assimilating them to build consensus even when they are conflicting views which needs to be resolved.
- Ability to assimilate information, build consensus, analyze basic issues, develop sound conclusions/decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to recall and apply various policies and concepts and ensure compliance with banking laws and regulations.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines within a fast-paced and high stress environment.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively and courteously with peers from different parts of the world, fostering the team effort; and provide assistance to co-workers.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to conduct analysis, synthesize information, produce reports, and convey findings to area management.
- Ability to prepare speeches, conducts visual and verbal presentations of considerable duration, for large groups, with wide variety of audiences, and responds to questions from audience members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to write memoranda and report comments that are concise, cohesive and persuasive.
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Security Clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.