- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Dec 17
Cyber Security Engineer(Engineering Team)
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's IT Risk department is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join its growing organization. This is a challenging position requiring deep knowledge of security products and networking. The candidate should be motivated and willing to take on challenges, able to multi-task to succeed and have the ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
The Cybersecurity team is globally responsible for helping the organization balance risk by aligning policies and procedures with Moody's business and regulatory requirements. The team is responsible for the development, enforcement and monitoring of security controls, policies and procedures, disaster recovery programs, GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) reporting and the delivery of security services including the company's Cyber Security program.
• Act as the Cybersecurity SME to Moody's technology infrastructure teams and outsourcing providers.
• Documenting Cybersecurity exceptions and working with other senior Cybersecurity team members to update procedures where appropriate.
• Function as lead engineer for several IT Risk projects. The lead engineer provides security design, configuration, implementation, burn-in, and transition to operations, of security technologies.
• Provide Engineering support to operations teams and infrastructure teams for upgrades and enhancements to current security technologies.
• Enhance automation capability across Moody's Cybersecurity portfolio by developing scripts to automate manual activity.
• Develop, collect and mature security metrics for IT Risk programs.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT industry, preferably in a financial services or consulting organization
• BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent
• CISSP, SANS or equivalent certifications preferred
• Knowledge or Experience with AWS or Azure cloud services
• Knowledge or Experience with Firewall, Proxy, and SSL VPNs
• Knowledge or Experience managing certificates & public key infrastructure
• Knowledge of DNS and Authentication.
• Knowledge of endpoint security
• Capability to troubleshoot effectively at all OSI layers.
• 3-5 years prior IT Security experience
• 3-5 years IT security product experience
• Familiar with one or more following: Python, Ruby, Powershell, Lambda, AWS and Azure APIs, Service Now APIs, Puppet, Ansible.
• Familiar with various databases and SQL.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies, tools, internal/external systems and design frameworks. Strong and broad technology background.
• Ability to think with a security mindset. The successful candidate has a strong IT background with in depth knowledge of several key security practice area: access control; application security; network security; security architecture; security strategy
• Strong knowledge of application architecture, development and secure coding practices.
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background.
• Strong presentation skills involving large and of varying IT background audiences.
• Proven ability to work within a large enterprise that spans multiple continents, is governed by change management and has a tiered support model.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.