Cyber Detection Engineer
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results-orientated professional for the position of Cyber Detection Engineer within the Security Operations team.
What you will do
In our New York office we have the US Operations team, where we aim to set the standard for operational excellence, serving the business needs through superior service delivered with a sense of company spirit and a high degree of integrity.
The position will work alongside our Cyber Security Response Team and Cloud Security Engineers that have a significant role in driving technology innovation in our CTO area.
Our mission is to ensure cyber resilience for the best global investment fund in the world. As the successful candidate you will have a keen interest and broad understanding of cyber security, cloud technology and cyber threats. As a great communicator, you will use your skills to collaborate closely with business users, system managers and stakeholders such as senior management.
We are looking for a Detection Engineer capable of establishing and improving our internal detection capabilities by utilizing our Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and automation. As our Detection Engineer you will own the overall responsibility for our detection capabilities, participate in exercises, ensure relevant detections based on input from our threat intelligence function.
The role will assume ownership for our Detection Engineering processes and work together with a global team. It will be integral in establishing and to ensure continuous improvement for our capabilities on detection engineering and act as a Subject Matter Expert for the organization.
The role may be subject to a compensated on-call duty during weekends and holidays.
The role reports to the Head of Security Operations. Some travel is required.
In this role these are some of the tasks you will be working on:
* Establishing and maintaining a process for Detection Engineering as a Subject Matter Expert
* Identifying gaps, writing and improving security detections based on threat intelligence, security testing and architecture.
* Mindset and passion for establishing automation for analysis of events
* Establishing and supporting a deployment pipeline for 'Detection as Code'
* Participating in cybersecurity incident handling
What you need
* 4+ years' experience with establishing and/or improving detection engineering within the public cloud services, preferably AWS
* Practical experience with attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
* Scripting/programming skills (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python or Go)
* Experience from Incident Response
Who you are
We are looking for a candidate with some of the following characteristics:
* Keen interest in the cyber security domain
* Ability to take ownership of issues and have a problem-solving mindset, and drive things forward globally
* International mindset with an eagerness to learn
* Analytical creativity and intellectual curiosity with a strong attention to detail
* Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
* Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English across all levels of the organisation
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world's largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 37 nationalities. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
* Competitive base salary offered
* 25 days holiday
* Gender neutral parental leave
* Health insurance including dental
* 401k contribution
* Income protection
* Support to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with the technology
Norges Bank Investment Management does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
Contact Details All questions regarding the position and applications may be directed to Experis: Michael Pisano, Experis IT Permanent Placement D: +65 6551 5589 or email
Unfortunately, you cannot apply to this role online, you must apply via our search partners.
Opening date for applications is 22nd March 2021
Deadline for application is close of business 15th April 2021
NO AGENCIES PLEASE