Cross-Border M&A, Associate
Cross-border M&A Team
The Cross-border M&A Team offers strategic advisory services to US and Japanese multinational corporations and financial institutions. We support clients with advisory services in cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions, financial structuring and corporate strategy.
Job Summary :
The Cross-border M&A team is seeking an exceptional Associate candidate to join the Cross-border M&A Team to take part in advising clients mainly on the execution of Japan - US transactions.
Associates are assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Manage key functions throughout the M&A transaction execution process while being responsible for several projects concurrently
- Work effectively with senior bankers and analysts to provide client relationship support
- Develop detailed analysis and financial models used for valuation purposes
- Prepare confidential offering memoranda, management presentations and board presentations
- Develop various industry analysis, including market trends, key growth drivers and industry dynamics
- Lead due diligence processes and actively participate in the negotiations of legal documentation
- Create pitch books and related client materials for origination efforts
- Prepare detailed company profiles and analysis, and compile and maintain databases
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority to be determined
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Masters' or Bachelors' degree in related field
- 3.2 GPA minimum required
- 1-2 years of experience in an Investment Banking or similar role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely to defend validity
- Strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity, and judgment
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and preferably experience with Capital IQ, Factset, Thomson One, Bloomberg
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.