We're looking for a data-driven underwriting associate to join our credit team.
About the role:
- We're looking for a data-driven underwriting associate to join our credit team. You will work with our Chief Credit Officer and other members of the finance, data and sales team in order to efficiently underwrite SMEs and middle market companies for corporate card/line of credit at scale.
- Manage entire deal process from due diligence and financial analysis to post-closing monitoring and risk management
- Conduct fundamental company research and build three-statement monthly models to formulate credit recommendations
- Maintain and improve underwriting models and templates with strictest adherence to credit policy
- Compile and present portfolio-monitoring reports on weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis
- Work cross-functionally with (i) sales team and clients to collect and organize debtor information for underwriting, (ii) legal and compliance team to ensure program compliance, and (iii) product management and data analytics teams to increase process efficiency
- 3+ years of full-time experience in middle-market lending, asset-secured financing, investment banking, management consulting, or quantitative research/trading.
- Extremely process-oriented. Understands how to manage and operate according to SOP's as well as communicate these procedures to more junior team-members.
- Experience using SQL in an operational environment in order to manage large quantitative datasets.
- Understanding of corporate formalities, capital structure, and key provisions of middle-market credit agreements.
- Multi-tasking across competing assignments with frequently-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a variety of communication styles.
- Ownership mentality and deep attention to detail.
- Extreme intellectual and personal integrity.