- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 26 Apr 18
Credit Trade Settlements / Trade Support Manager - Credit Investments Group, Asset Management
- The Credit Investments Group (CIG) is a leading portfolio manager which invests in diversified portfolios of non-investment grade credit strategies with a focus on senior secured loans, high yield and CLO bonds. CIG seeks capital appreciation with strong focus on principal preservation.
- Coordinate with all appropriate individuals including vendors in an oversight capacity, trading desk personnel, middle office upper management and counterparties relating to trade closing and trade administration.
- Liaise / coordinate with other departments including operational risk, legal and compliance on all matters related to trade administration.
- Work with outsourced middle office vendors, and account administrators and custodians and CLO trustees.
- Work to ensure that all governance and control procedures are adhered to per processes and look to refine and develop governance processes as needed.
- Responsible for settlement reporting, and escalation regarding issues on trades and trade settlements for loans and other traded products.
- Work with closing and settlement vendors involving loans, bonds, ABS and physical equity and knowledge of LSTA / LMA closing documentation.
- Review Cash Available Reports for trading activity.
- Work with and directly support the front office.
- Perform analyses on delayed and distressed settlements.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Experience at a top-tier investment bank, hedge fund, alternative investment firm in a middle office support to a credit trading desk or a service provider that supports the loan product.
- Experience and knowledge of par and distressed loans is required, credit restructurings, bonds, ABS, equities (DTC, Euroclear, Physical certs), FX settlements and general credit trading support is helpful.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to review, analyze and develop settlement and related reports, trade systems working knowledge, and vendor coordination. Knowledge of credit agreements, credit products required. Experience in oversight of a settlements team preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience with Vendor Management, Oversight or system/vendor transitions helpful.
- Familiarity with CDO/CLOs, 40 Act Funds, separate accounts and other loan funds.
- Specific knowledge of loans, bonds, physical equity, corporate action to the prior related to investment vehicles is preferred.
- Prior trade desk, portfolio manager, trader interaction preferred.
- Perform analyses on delayed settlements.
- Ability to work independently, perform research, make inquiries and provide reason based explanation, and/or proposals to allow PMs and other upper management to make informed decisions on issues.