Credit Risk Management - Vice President, Industrials / Business Services # 095287
Credit Suisse's Corporate Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key stakeholders throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US.
CS is seeking a Vice President-level candidate to assist a Director to manage underwriting proposals through the credit approval process and provide senior guidance in monitoring of a portfolio of assigned counterparties within an industry vertical.
Responsibilities to include:
- Underwriting: Responsibility for assisting Director in managing transaction requests within respective industry verticals including underwritten, best efforts and relationship loans. Additional responsibility includes approval of other counterparty credit requests including derivative, margin loan and other related industry credit extensions. Assist Director in managing communication flow with senior members of transaction teams regarding due diligence, process and approvals.
- Credit Monitoring: Ensure ongoing monitoring analyses and documents - including any Shared National Credit exam-specific documents - are prepared to a high quality standard and archived in a manner consistent with approved CS Policies and Procedures. Assist Director in identifying counterparties with deteriorating credit trends, perform monthly re-assessments of credit and regulatory ratings, document proposed rating changes, recommend counterparties for addition/removal from watch lists, and escalate specific credit concerns.
- Management of Underwriting/Monitoring Process:
- Prioritize, supervise and guide work of Junior Credit Analysts within the industry team
- Prepare credit pages for leveraged loan memoranda and participate in the due diligence process
- Ensure underwriting memoranda documentation and all ongoing monitoring documentation are prepared and archived in a manner consistent with approved CS Policies and Procedures
- Document all deviations from established underwriting standards and ensure appropriate escalation procedures are followed when underwriting standard thresholds are expected to be breached.
- Minimum of 5 years of related credit underwriting experience within a wholesale banking organization;
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work on a team under demanding deadlines;
- Ability to succinctly communicate with and present to senior managers;
- Strong motivation and ability deliver quality work products with minimal supervision;
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior team members.
- * LI-DK1*