Credit Risk Management - VP Hedge Funds #106089
An experienced VP role as a credit risk officer covering the bank's hedge fund clients and other alternative investment vehicles / structures (e.g. PE funds, REITs, loans collateralized by HF or PE fund shares, etc.).
- Conducting credit due diligence, which includes assessing risk controls, management qualifications, portfolio leverage, liquidity, performance analysis, portfolio exposures, etc.
- Performing initial and ongoing written credit analyses, which involves assigning/monitoring internal credit ratings and limits, documenting key exposures and non-standard arrangements, and providing supporting recommendations
- Analyzing/approving live transactions (including involvement on more complex/structured deals), ensuring risks are properly identified and adequately mitigated.
- Negotiating credit terms and covenants across a variety of trading/financing agreements
- Ongoing exposure monitoring (using VaR and other scenario-based risk measures) against established credit limits/appetite and participation in a variety of meetings with front office and other support areas to review key exposures and credit concerns
- Monitoring market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments and assessing their impact on the credit quality of counterparties
- Relevant undergraduate or graduate level degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting)
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience required, preferably in a Hedge Fund credit risk management role.
- Must have solid working knowledge of hedge fund strategies and products traded across equity, fixed income, currency and commodity markets, including prime brokerage, OTC and listed derivatives, repo, TBA's, etc.
- Experienced covering high profile hedge fund clients, leading client due diligence calls, and providing effective review and challenge on structured deals proposed by front office and clients.
Other required skills/characteristics:
- Self-motivated and naturally inquisitive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills - both oral and written
- Excellent time management skills and able to multi-task
- Team player
- Ability to use multiple applications and technology platforms