- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 May 19
Credit Risk Management - Latin America Corporates, Vice President # 124871
The primary function of this role will be active management of a portfolio of Corporate borrowers within Latin America region. Responsibilities include:
- Performing quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis and assigning internal credit ratings.
- Participating in/leading client due diligence visits/calls.
- Active portfolio management including credit reviews, exception approvals, event-based rating changes, etc.
- Assessing proposed transactions within the context of the transaction structure to ensure structural risks are properly identified and adequately mitigated.
- Credit approvals in line with Credit Authority per Policy.
- Monitoring market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments and assessing their impact on the credit quality of counterparties.
- Liaising with Legal department to ensure identified risks are adequately addressed in the legal documentation for structured transactions and setting credit terms in the legal documentation (e.g. Credit Agreements, ISDA and CSA) for lending and flow trading activity.
- Liaising with various internal departments to ensure that the exposures are adequately reflected in the risk systems.
- Performing general problem solving for any issues arising in relation to counterparties in the portfolio.
- Development of junior resources.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Relevant undergraduate or graduate level degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting).
- 3- 7 years preferable
Essential Technical/Interpersonal Skills:
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish (preferably native).
- Solid analytical, communication (oral and written), and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Leadership skills; accountability.
- Self-motivated and naturally inquisitive.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Solid inter-personal skills, especially influencing and personal impact.
- Ability to use/learn multiple technology platforms.