- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Feb 19
Credit Risk Management – Vice President, Corporates # 114438
Credit Suisse's Corporate Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key stakeholders throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US.
CS is seeking a Vice President-level candidate to assist a Director to manage underwriting proposals through the credit approval process and provide senior guidance in monitoring of a portfolio of assigned counterparties within an industry vertical.
Responsibilities to include:
- Underwriting: Responsibility for assisting Director in managing transaction requests within respective industry verticals including underwritten, best efforts and relationship loans. Additional responsibility includes approval of other counterparty credit requests including derivative, margin loan and other related industry credit extensions. Assist Director in managing communication flow with senior members of transaction teams regarding due diligence, process and approvals.
- Credit Monitoring: Ensure ongoing monitoring analyses and documents - including any Shared National Credit exam-specific documents - are prepared to a high quality standard and archived in a manner consistent with approved CS Policies and Procedures. Assist Director in identifying counterparties with deteriorating credit trends, perform monthly re-assessments of credit and regulatory ratings, document proposed rating changes, recommend counterparties for addition/removal from watch lists, and escalate specific credit concerns.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Minimum of 5 years of related credit underwriting experience within a wholesale banking organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work on a team under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to succinctly communicate with and present to senior managers.
- Strong motivation and ability deliver quality work products with minimal supervision.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior team members.