Credit Risk Management – Director, Team Lead Energy and Natural Resources
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Credit Suisse's Corporate Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key business partners throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US. CS is seeking a Director level candidate to manage underwriting proposals through the credit approval process and provide senior oversight in monitoring of a portfolio of assigned counterparties for the Energy and Natural Resources sector.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Underwriting: Responsibility for managing transaction requests within respective industry verticals including underwritten, best efforts and relationship loans. Additional responsibility includes approval of other counterparty credit requests including derivative, margin loan and other related industry credit extensions. Manage communication flow with senior members of transaction teams regarding due diligence, process and approvals.
- Credit Monitoring: Ensure ongoing monitoring analyses and documents - including any Shared National Credit exam-specific documents - are prepared to a high quality standard and archived in a manner consistent with approved CS Policies and Procedures. Identifying counterparties with deteriorating credit trends, perform monthly re-assessments of credit and regulatory ratings, document proposed rating changes, recommend counterparties for addition/removal from watch lists, and raise specific credit concerns.
- Interaction with Investment Banking deal teams and Corporate Lending regarding CRM follow-ups associated with under writings and amendments/extensions of credit
- Manage team of junior team members based in New York City and Raleigh, NC.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Equivalent work experience of 7-10 years related to credit underwriting within a wholesale banking organization!
- Equivalent experience of 5 years covering Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and/or Mining sub-sectors and loan products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- Ability to succinctly communicate with and present to senior managers.
- Strong motivation and ability deliver quality work products with minimal supervision.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior members in a Team
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.