- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jun 19
Credit Risk Management-Corporates, AVP-VP #122266
Credit Suisse's Corporate Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key stakeholders throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US.
CS is seeking an Assistance Vice President / Vice President-level candidate to support underwriting activities for an Industry vertical team.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assist Director in managing transaction requests within respective industry verticals including underwritten, best efforts and relationship loans. Prepare transaction memos to support CRM decisions and approvals.
- Interact with deal teams and Corporate Lending regarding CRM follow-ups associated with underwritings and amendments / extensions of credit.
- Understand and take views on various transactions and transaction structures requiring CRM insight and approval.
- Approve other counterparty credit requests including derivative, margin loan and other related industry credit extensions.
- Assist Director in managing communication flow with senior members of transaction teams regarding due diligence, process and approvals.
- Assist Director in identifying counterparties with deteriorating credit trends and escalate specific credit concerns.
- In partnership with CRM Portfolio Management team, ensure ongoing monitoring analyses and documents - including any Shared National Credit exam-specific documents - are prepared to a high quality standard and archived in a manner consistent with approved CS Policies and Procedures.
Minimum of 3 (AVP) / 5 (VP) years of related credit underwriting experience within a wholesale banking organization:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics; credit training preferred;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work on a team under demanding deadlines;
- Ability to succinctly communicate with and present to senior managers;
- Strong motivation and ability deliver quality work products with minimal supervision
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior team members