- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Feb 19
Credit Risk Audit Manager # 122195
The Internal Audit Department plays a pivotal role in safeguarding the Banks control framework, seeking at all times to deliver insightful and value-adding audits that help improve the way the Bank runs its business. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to take on a newly crafted role for an Internal Auditor/Manager - Credit Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk Subject Matter Expert. This role is based in New York, although the individual will participate and lead audits on a global basis.
- You will maintain subject matter expertise in credit risk management, including: standard methodologies, regulatory requirements and key control processes.
- You will review and assess Basel regulatory compliance across Credit Risk Management to ensure all relevant Basel requirements are met.
- You will maintain a deep understanding of subject matter relating to credit risk measurement and management, including review and assessment of credit risk regulatory compliance across the various jurisdictions and associated regulatory regimes in which the Bank operates.
- You will participate in QA of self-assessments covering policies and procedures framework for credit risk against regulatory provisions for: Capital Requirements Directive (CRD) IV , Basel III, CCAR relating to the use of Internal Rating Based (IRB) models.
- You will manage the delivery of audit plan relating to credit risk management processes and credit risk measurement approaches to ensure the use of sound risk management controls and regulatory compliance.
- You will assist the Head of Audit in the execution of a program of continuous risk and performance monitoring (e.g. business developments, emerging risks and control issues.
Typical activities of an Internal Auditor will include:
- You will manage the planning, budgeting, scope, execution and delivery of global and/or divisional audits of the Credit Risk Management function . Define team roles and responsibilities, run team meetings and overall audit budget.
- You will build strong working relations with key partners, attend Risk committees as well as other ongoing monitoring activities to aid in the ongoing risk assessments and annual audit planning.
- You will chip in to the development of less experienced members of the department in building an understanding of Credit Risk Management through specific training or developing/maintaining the educational materials available.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You will have a combination of 2-3 years IA with 5-10 years Credit experience or if all in IA focusing on Credit Risk or most recent 5 years on Credit Risk, with a deep understanding of Corporate Credit/Leveraged Lending. You have experience from a Credit Risk Review/Loan Risk Review function including planning/leading and overall delivery responsibility for portfolio reviews with the overall requisite experience also considered.
- You have experience ideally gained from a Financial Institution subject to the Interagency Guidelines on Leveraged Lending.
- You have familiarity with FINMA & PRA requirements for robust Credit Risk Management framework.
- You have familiarity with Credit Risk Stress testing or Market risk a plus.