Credit Portfolio Consultant 4
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Credit Portfolio Consultant 4
Wells Fargo is the Nation's #1 lender to the Food & Agribusiness sectors. The National Food & Agribusiness Industry Advisors is seeking motivated, proactive, independent, and self-starter professionals to be part of the team.
Sector Manager will cover Ag Tech and Consumer Packaged Food as they apply to the existing sectors covered: Protein, Grains and Oilseeds, Dairy, Forest Products, Specialty and Non-Grain Crops, and Farm Supplies and Inputs. The Sector Manager is responsible for being the national industry expert for the assigned sector including:
- Conducting full value chain supply, demand, trade, and price analysis using multiple research techniques with market data and business intelligent resources.
- Risk Management:
- Inform/advise Sr. Management about industry concerns/trends.
- Serve as industry "go to" person for Loan Supervision and Sr. Management.
- Reduce loss exposure through early industry and geographic credit warnings
- Recommend quarterly sector and sub-sector risk ratings that will impact frequency of Borrower Assessments.
- Issue Geographic risk ratings when appropriate.
- Generate industry exposure reports for Sr. Management.
- Author sector and sub-sector reports.
- Help offices understand and underwrite risk through preparation of Borrower Assessments on customers and prospects.
- Independent assessment of a company's business strategy and risk profile
- Includes executive summary, strengths/concerns, brief background, quartile ranking, key success factors, borrower risk profile summary (inventory availability, commodity price risk, cost of production, industry risk, overall risk), top 3-5 borrower risks and Mitigants, financial benchmarking (when available), downside or worst case EBITDA estimate and assumptions, scope of work/further due diligence recommendations.
- No loan losses related to risks that should have been identified in Borrower Assessment process.
- Assist with new business acquisition/up-tiering by bringing national industry expertise to the relationship team on prospect/customer calls.
- Assist with customer retention by developing long term relationships and being part of the relationship team.
- Leverage contacts for introductions/referrals to lending partners.
- Participate in national industry events/meetings to remain current on industry information and broaden industry contacts/presence.
- Prepare and present internal and external industry presentations.
- Participate in Bank webinars and author Food for Thought newsletter articles.
- Access and interpret Nielsen data
- Develop and proactively maintain benchmarking and sector quartile analysis on existing portfolio and prospects.
- Work with shared analyst who will assist with research, report and presentation preparation, benchmarking, etc.
- Work with Relationship Managers and Collateral Exam Group to prepare company specific downside/worst case EBITDA analysis.
- Be part of the customer relationship team, adding value through industry expertise.
- Work with Ag Collateral Monitoring Department, Ag Services, Commodity Pricing Manager, Collateral Exam and Field Exam Groups to ensure real-time/current trends are considered within sector assessments.
- Partner with marketing group to provide content for Food & Ag Newsletters, webinars, and other external activities.
- Partner with Ag Collateral Monitoring (ACMD), Ag Services, Collateral Exam, and Field Exam groups to improve working knowledge of overall business and cross-train.
- Help develop, support and implement changes in initiatives and processes
- Help train new team members
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of risk experience
- 8+ years of experience with business strategy or risk assessment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Food and/or agribusiness industry experience
- Clear, concise writing ability
- Professional presence
- Knowledge and use of Nielsen data
- Industry research experience
- Experience working on projects that include multiple teams or lines of business.
- Strong background in food and agriculture/agribusiness
- Proven project management experience, including leading projects/programs from inception through implementation
- Masters in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an Accounting/Finance core, or other Ag related field or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills, including working across various lines of business or with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.