Credit Portf Officer - VP
The Credit Portfolio Officer is a senior-level position responsible for ongoing credit monitoring and of a portfolio of bank counterparties in the US, Canada, and the Caribbean to identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team. The overall objective of this role is to manage Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to take responsibility for analyzing and managing a portfolio of counterparties and related risk exposures, including US, Canadian and Caribbean banks and possibly, non bank financial institutions (NBFI).
- Managing the annual review process and portfolio review process for these names
- Following a portfolio of banks and non-bank financial companies and determining Citi's risk appetite for these counterparties
- Structuring Citi's business with these counterparties to fit within Citi's risk appetite
- Developing and maintaining relationships with client facing personnel such as Relationship Managers, and Sales and Trading account managers;
- Periodic on-site or remote due diligence meetings with counterparties, as required;
- Driving change and efficiency to the current methods for reviewing and monitoring NA Bank names, and possibly non bank financial institutions (NBFI).
- Learn and understand internal risk policies and evolving regulatory and industry developments which may impact bank, and possibly NBFI counterparties
- Prepare risk management presentations for senior management that include analytics on expected portfolio performance and areas of potential risk and/or opportunity
- Stay on top of industry developments and provide assessments on how they may impact counterparties in our portfolio. With this intelligence, lead portfolio level monitoring to identify potential weaknesses in the portfolio as the banking and NBFI
- 3-7 years of experience in credit card risk management or equivalent training and experience preferably in the financial services industry
- Proven ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business goals
- Working knowledge of capital markets products, credit exposure profiles, and credit mitigants
- Strong technical and data manipulation competencies; Be able to quickly navigate Citi's many applications used for risk management; Proficient with Powerpoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and prioritize, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
- Works well in a team and cross-disciplinary environment
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting