Credit Hedge Fund Accountant
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Green Key Resources
- 20 May 19
Seeking an exceptional Hedge Fund Accountant to join an Accounting team. Reporting to the Fund Controllers, this person will join a highly collaborative team and assist the Fund Controllers with responsibilities for completing the month end financial close process, preparing monthly financial statements, overseeing the fund administrator, assisting in year-end audits, reviewing tax information, and performing other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will have accounting experience in the financial services space and be comfortable interacting in a team-based environment. The Hedge Fund Accountant role presents an opportunity to be involved in all accounting aspects for hedge funds.
• Prepare monthly closing package to support the calculation of the Fund’s NAV including working with an external fund administrator when necessary
• Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparties and investors • Coordinate investor transactions including subscriptions and redemptions
• Prepare month-end investor statements
• Monitor expense budgets and accruals
• Understand and have the ability to discuss governing documents of the Fund (PPM, LLC agreement, subscription documents, etc.)
• Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation
• Coordinate with external tax preparers in the tax return and K-1 process
• Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures
• Interact with senior management, corporate accounting, internal operations, analysts and legal department
Skills & Experience Required
• BS/BA required
• 2-4 years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to hedge fund, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting is required
• Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
• CPA Strongly Preferred