Credit Bond Trader- New York
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around 8,200 billion kroner (1 trillion dollars). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 550 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and result oriented credit bond trader to join our Fixed Income Trading effort in Americas. The Fixed Income Trading team is part of the Asset Strategies department and is responsible for all Fixed Income trading for Norges Bank Investment Management.
The position is located in New York and you will work closely with our global team with presence in Oslo and Singapore. Some travel will be required.
• Providing specialist coverage of credit trading in USD/CAD
• Managing internal pricing of credit bonds to our internal portfolio managers
• Working closely with our credit portfolio managers and contribute with market intelligence
• Enhancing returns through liquidity provisioning and relative value trading
• Building and maintaining relationships with external counterparts
• Providing backup coverage of rates trading in USD/CAD and Emerging markets
• Master’s degree or Bachelor in Finance or Quantitative field with strong academic records
• Minimum 5 years recent experience in managing risk within a fixed income trading role preferably in Credit markets
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Fixed Income products and their markets including bonds, derivatives and FX
• Quantitative and detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task
• Excellent analytical skills with programming knowledge being an advantage
• Strong collaboration and communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English
• Team player with high level of integrity
• Ambition to excel
Norges Bank Investment Management, does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Questions regarding the positions may be directed to Pauli Mortensen, Head of Fixed Income Trading tel+47 24 07 35 03, or John Sullivan, Head of Trading Americas tel+1 917 542 8548 .
Please note we can only accept applications via the online application portal on www.nbim.no
Opening date for applications is March 13th 2018
Deadline for application is close of business April 8th 2018
NO AGENCIES PLEASE