Credit Analytics Solutions Specialist
Job Description A Moodyâ€™s Analytics Subject Matter Expert (SME) plays a critical role in the sales cycle by establishing credibility and confidence in Moody's Analyticsâ€™ products and solutions with prospective clients. SME in Credit Analytics understands the domain of credit risk management and understands the problems our customers, prospects and the broader industry are facing. Working in conjunction with the a Front Sales Representative, the SME will actively manage the qualification and solutioning stages of the sales process as the key solution architect and product advocate of Moodyâ€™s Analytics.
The SME in Credit Analytics will actively manage the evaluation stage of the sales process for commercial credit analytics and origination products and serve as the technical advisor for Moodyâ€™s Analytics product suite that includes RiskCalc TM , CreditEdge TM , Commercial Mortgage Metrics TM , RiskBench TM , CreditLens TM , CAP TM and others. You will be responsible for understanding customer needs in commercial credit risk assessment, including risk rating processes, portfolio monitoring, management and credit administration amongst others in order to prepare, present, and promote the sale of commercial credit analytic solutions. As an expert in Moody's Analytics commercial credit models, you will lead customer facing demonstrations and workshops by clearly articulating the in-depth solutions functionality for various business cases, including origination, portfolio management, risk management, loss forecasting, stress testing, while providing guidance on how the product functionality helps to improve organizational efficiencies. You will support scoping out and solutioning for the credit analytics advisory projects in credit analytics, including but not limited to risk rating projects, development of score cards, model validation services.
You will also be responsible for interfacing with product, research, advisory and customer success teams in order to structure projects in the pre-sales process that will be successfully implemented. Importantly, as a SME in Credit Analytics you will also be participating in industry advocacy efforts with industry associations, regulators and standard setters. This advocacy may take form of industry presentations, articles and white papers, webinars and workshops. Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate credibility and thought leadership in commercial banking and credit risk
- Develop and deliver client-facing tools and presentation materials to support Moodyâ€™s Analytics sales cycles
- Understand prevailing trends and best practices in commercial credit analysis at financial institutions, such as commercial banks, credit unions, asset managers and insurance firms
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in multiple asset classes including, but not limited to Commercial & Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, Agriculture, Construction, and Small Business
- Articulate and conducts in-depth product feature benefit discussions as they relate to Moody's Analytics Risk and Finance Analytics product offerings
- Lead customer facing meetings to determine business and methodological requirements and architect solutions based on each client use case and Moodyâ€™s analytics product suite
- Gain customer acceptance of Moodyâ€™s Analytics products by explaining and/or demonstrating improvements in credit decisioning, loss forecasting, stress testing, portfolio and credit risk management
- Work closely with the frontline sales team on proposals, Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) responses
- Document market feedback regarding product experience and desired enhancements
- Provide thought leadership to the market by writing articles, professional blogs, and presenting at Moodyâ€™s Analytics and external conferences
- Identify and document product enhancements, understanding how proposed changes to existing functionality would impact overall product
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar field
- PhD or MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in credit modeling, credit risk management, portfolio management, wholesale analytics, stress testing, and/or loss forecasting
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to listen to requirements and business problems in order to respond with the appropriate business answer
- Ability to work in a high pressure deadline oriented environment
- Ability to influence and gain buy-in from skeptics
- Industry affiliation and leadership roles (e.g. RMA, GARP, PRMIA, regional banking associations) a plus
- Public speaking experience, publications and/or internal lead on training within an organization are a plus
- Experience with complex sales cycles is a plus
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.