Credit Analyst - Sr. Director covering Retail and Consumer
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is seeking a Senior Director for coverage of the Retail & Consumer sector. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has a deep understanding of and a keen interest in Retail & Consumer;
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- has experience in interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
-Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing the credit quality of companies in the Retail & Consumer sectors;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Conducting meetings with Retail & Consumer industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Writing timely and effective research on topical issues
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups;
- Representing Fitch in panel discussions and conferences arranged by industry associations, regulatory bodies etc. ;
- Mentoring junior members of the Retail & Consumer sector.
- The role may include managerial responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA preferred;
- 10+ years relevant experience, which must include some coverage or knowledge of the Retail & Consumer sectors;
- Capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Employee management experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .