- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP Paribas Asset Management
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
We have an excellent career opportunity for a Credit Analyst in our New York office as part of the Global Loans team. Individual will provide fundamental credit analysis while working closely with senior colleagues as part of the Global Loans Team in New York and Paris. The appropriate candidate for this position will be interested in developing a career in fixed income investment management.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 580 billion in assets as at 31 March 2017, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 600 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.
- Responsible for fundamental investment analysis of issuers in the US leveraged loans space.
- Compose full credit write-ups and prepare financial models for new transactions.
- Present analysis to credit committee, providing a comprehensive view on each investment opportunity.
- Undertake ongoing critical monitoring of portfolio positions, including changes in views, using company and industry information and correspondence with corporate issuers and rating agencies.
- Generate investment ideas and advise on timing for positions based on fundamental events and/or news flow.
- Support development of junior team members, review credit work and provide feedback.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain industry opinions and produce periodic reviews.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Analytical Skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Is driven by the desire to know more about things, people or events.
- Ability to summarize: Identifies and presents key information. Gives his /her point of view by structuring and summing up all useful elements. Shows the ability to put things in perspective.
- Results Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and /or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members in mind.
- Communication Skills: Expresses his/her message, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate for the audience being addressed.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Minimum of 10-15 years of credit analysis experience.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental credit analysis, including ability to research industry sectors, competitive position, financial statements and financial notes. Strong credit analysis skills particularly in company financial statement analysis.
- Familiarity with modeling cyclical sectors through cycles. Experience should include intensive analysis of company financial reporting such as annual reports, 10K, 8K, 20F and quarterly/semiannual financial reports.
- Must be comfortable with mathematical concepts and financial modeling, as well as accounting rules and procedures. Strong quantitative skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- CFA Charter holder preferred.
- Experience working for US CLO Manager preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume utilizing the online application process. Equal Opportunity Employer.