As a Barclays Counterparty Risk Manager you will help drive our risk analysis, review and challenge agenda. The Counterparty Risk Management (CRM) function is responsible for the management and control of counterparty risk at Barclays. As part of CRM you’ll provide independent review of counterparty risk across the business, producing detailed analysis of the portfolio for internal and external stakeholders and manage the control framework under which counterparty risk is governed.
What will you be doing?
- Live risking of derivative and securities financing transactions across products
- Portfolio risk management of counterparty risk exposures for the bank
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of counterparty risk
- Stress testing to help identify and control risks to adverse market conditions
- Development and improvement of management information
- Ad hoc portfolio risk analysis of emergent market and macroeconomic events and how they affect the bank’s counterparty risk profile
- Contribution to the continuous improvement of risk systems and tools
- Presentation of analysis and results to senior management
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, Finance, Sciences, Engineering or related field
- SQL, Python experience
- Broad understanding of global capital markets
- Understanding of derivative and financing products
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Master’s degree
- Related post graduate study (e.g. CFA, FRM, CQF)
- Attention to detail
- Appreciation of the control environment
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.