Counterparty Credit Analyst - Financial Institutions
Credit Risk Management (CRM) reviews and manages the credit risks associated with the firm's trading counterparties. The client base spans across a broad spectrum of industries, some of which include banks, broker dealers, REITs, hedge funds, mutual funds and investment advisors, corporates, clearing houses, GSEs, insurance companies and non-bank financial institutions. CRM is responsible for a wide range of products: repo/reverse repo, securities lending/borrowing, mortgage backed securities, futures, structured products and derivatives (interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, etc.)
CRM is responsible for monitoring and maintenance of ratings and limits, portfolio reporting; and an ongoing understanding of capital market trends, regulation and general economic and industry conditions. CRM pro-actively works with the front office traders and salesperson to support trading activities - from account onboarding to trade approvals. CRM is also responsible for understanding the evolving regulatory environment and work with various departments to ensure the firm and the department's compliance with new and existing regulations.
- Credit Analysis - Analyze and evaluate financial statements and prepare/present credit reports and recommendations
- Documentation - Understand and manage legal agreements with customers and assist in negotiations
- Exposure Monitoring - all trading activities; exception reporting; building credit risk reports
- New Accounts - assist in new account opening process
- Product knowledge - In-depth knowledge of all types of capital markets, including derivatives, structured products, MBS, repo/reverse repo, stock loan/borrow, futures
- Liaison - interface between CRM and parent company, front office and other internal departments
- Credit Policies & Procedures - comply with current standards and update as needed
- Documentation - coordinate and negotiate legal agreements
- Strong organization and communication skills - Must be able to express oneself clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to both internal and external parties.
- Excellent written analytical skills
- Sound systems abilities - Microsoft Office applications
- Solid interpersonal skills
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.