Corporate & Investment Banking - Financial Institutions Group, Sr. Associate/Jr. VP
Job Description Summary:
Senior Associate / Junior VP:
- The Financial Institutions Group is seeking to complement its New York-based team with a qualified and motivated Senior Associate / Junior VP.
Preferred Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Master's Degree and 2-4 years of investment banking experience; or Bachelor's degree and 4-7 years of investment banking experience; or equivalent (i.e., corporate development) experience
- Transaction experience with Life (Re)Insurance & Annuity Companies is a must, with Non-Life and InsurTech experience viewed as a complementary or secondary priority.
- Hands on experience in the origination, execution, and closing of M&A, ECM and various other financing transactions (e.g., DCM, LCM) in an investment banking advisory role
- 2+ years' experience in leading deal teams of analysts and associates
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
- Supporting investment banking engagements and new business development
- Developing the strategic rationale and assist in formulating and delivering recommendations on business mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other capital-driven solutions
- Conducting company and industry research, analyze, and building/adjusting/maintaining financial and pro forma models on merger, acquisition, divestiture and related funding solutions
- Navigating various insurance company, accounting, rating agency, and consolidated company regimes (i.e., GAAP, Statutory, IFRS, RBC, SMR, Solv II, MCT, IAIS)
- Preparing, analyzing and explaining historical and projected financial information, with wherewithal to develop and frame strategic views on competitive positioning and insurance-specific valuation metrics and analysis
- Preparing pitch books and other client marketing materials and assist with preparation for client meetings
- Participating in client meetings, with strong communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal) needed for direct contact with clients and prospective clients
- Mentor junior team members
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.