Corporate & Investment Bank - Control Management - Business Control Manager - Associate
J .P. Morgan's Americas (NY based) Equities Trading Group offers clients a comprehensive set of market-making, structuring and risk management capabilities across the full spectrum of Equities asset classes.
The BCO's objective is to help the business manage its regulatory obligations, conduct and operational risk and supervisory requirements. Specifically, the BCO team manages various aspects of the end to end control environment spanning business execution, credit risk, market risk, model risk valuation controls, operations and finance. BCO's mandate is a key role for the business in the increasingly complex and demanding global regulatory environment.
The Global Equities Trading BCO team is part of a wider Markets BCO team which reports into the Markets BCO. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor on regulatory, operational risk and control matters.
Duties of this role include:
- Serving as trusted control advisor to the Front Office including prepping it for examinations and audits
- In conjunction with legal, compliance and other functions, representing Front Office interests vis a vis control/regulatory initiatives
- Execution and implementation of business controls , risk governance and reporting priorities and strategy
- Identification, documentation and remediation of control gaps, risk assessment and root cause issue analysis
- In connection with all activities, improvement of the "user experience" for all stakeholders and partners, i.e., focus in enhancing transparency, efficiency and simplicity of control processes
- Front Office supervision management and execution
- Front office supervisory tool development
- Front Office supervision and oversight including exception management
- Supervisory attestations
- Policy development, review and implementation
- Operating procedures documentation and implementation
- Pre trade, and in certain cases, post trade surveillance
The Role requires establishment of strong relationships with the Front Office and a deep understanding of the business, its control challenges, its architecture and products. The candidate should be interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives and becoming involved in a diverse set of issues that will have a direct impact on the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Previous experience in a middle office, trading, audit, operational risk, compliance function; management consulting or technology background.
- Understanding of Equities products and markets
- Understanding of the end to end product life cycle for Equities
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong organizational skills - manages and prioritizes multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines
- Strong understanding of controls and their application to different processes and businesses
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process re-engineering skills
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills