Corporate & Investment Bank – Control Management – Control Manager (Privacy) – Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co.(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5trillion and operations worldwide. Thefirm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers andsmall business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and assetmanagement. Information about JPMorganChase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The CIB DPC manages thecontrol framework for Personal Information (PI) and Client ConfidentialInformation (CCI), as processed across JPM, including the Business Technologyand Operations. The CIB DPC will also:
- Define a sustainable controls framework thatis locally compliant and globally consistent.
- Interface with 2LoD and CIB business to raiseawareness and advise on initiatives and available tools.
- Identify strategic solutions and controlsthat meet current and emerging Data Privacy rules.
- Where strategic solutions cannot beimplemented in a timely fashion, identify and advocate tactical solutionsacross the CIB. Role Responsibilities:
- Develop an understandingof Privacy legislation and internal privacy and confidentiality policies andits application to the business.
- Support the managementand or creation of PI Inventory
- Assist inmonitoring adherence to regulatory change.
- Assistwith the governance over data privacy within theCIB, including supporting the strategy and execution of Privacy Regulation andPrivacy Policies.
- Reporting: Assist with the production of various reporting to monitor and manage DataPrivacy, including - incident, issue/AP, SEAL, CORE PRIs and KRIs (once established)
- Inventory Management of Privacy Notices andother Data Privacy requirements
- Training: Metric production, delinquentreporting and follow -up.
- Incident Management - working with DPC team to assist in administration of allaspects of the process, including recording in GLASS, Quality Control over thecontent, and data analysis
- Monitoring of reconciling of Corporate tools (i.e., Seal)
- Assist with all aspects of the Personal Information (PI)initiative, which includes inventory creation and management.
- Assist on Data PrivacyPrograms (such as Policy implementation and regulatory changes) within CIBincluding:
- Program communications, both internal and external.
- Materials and active participation in privacy committees, working groups and forums.
- Program/project plans, risk/ issue assessments
- Assist in evaluating and performing ongoing analysis of the business' risk andcontrol environment, as it relates to Data Privacy / Information Risk, to identify significant gaps and weaknessesand determine root cause of control breaks
- Establish and monitor reporting ofIssues /AP's.
- Perform ongoing analysis of programrelated data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to supportbusiness-related programs and strategies
- Assist with the implementation of COREfor Data Privacy related risks/controls within CIB
- Bachelor's degree orequivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of experience infinancial services industry with background in controls, audit, qualityassurance, operational risk management, or compliance preferred; or equivalentsubject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
- Proficient in MicrosoftOffice Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required and data analyticspreferred using Excel, Access
- Business knowledge - ability to understand the business/ knowledge of regulation surrounding business.
- Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communicationskills with an ability to influence colleagues and the business in a meaningfuland actionable manner
- Networking - strong interpersonal skills; strongcollaboration and relationship building skills
- Workautonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities;manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able towork in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Problemsolving / Analytical skills - solid critical thinking, attention todetail and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data andformulate appropriate conclusions
- Understandingroot cause / identifying control breaks
- Developingtimely and sustainable solutions
- Analyzemetrics for emerging risk
- WritingAction Plans, Procedures