- New York, NY, USA
- Temporary, Part time
- 20 Nov 17
Corporate Services Internships
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's insight and solutions are respected across the world, but that work wouldn't be possible without the vital support provided by our Corporate Services team. From Moody's Analytics to Moody's Investors Service to the wider corporate-level functions of our business, Corporate Services enable us all to make an impact every day.
Finance teams provide business support services and plans, manage financial information, analyze and report the company's financial performance, certify that proper financial controls are in place and ensure the firm's cash flow needs are met. Interns in Finance teams can expect to:
- Contribute to projects focused on enhancements to current projects and processes
- Produce market information summaries and analysis, including dashboards and executive summaries
- Complete and document detailed audit steps in compliance with departmental standards
- Gather and prepare insurance renewal applications by collecting, organizing and conducting preliminary analysis of underwriting data
The Communications team works with the business internally to drive awareness around key company priorities, and externally with the media to promote Moody's thought leadership. Interns in Communications teams can expect to:
- Assist in the execution of media relations campaigns; supports product launches, new initiatives and research
- Review media on a daily basis to identify coverage of MIS research and support metrics management
- Secure, arrange and manage media interviews (including print, broadcast, digital, trade, consumer and social outlets) through outreach
- Develop and/or edit supporting materials including press releases, online content, etc.
- Manage press contact database and the media mailbox
The Investor Relations team represents Moody's business performance and prospects to the investment community. This team has significant contact with current and potential shareholders and Moody's senior management. Interns in Investor Relations can expect to:
- Track shareholder ownership and assist with maintenance of investor relations' contact database
- Prepare timely and accurate fund descriptions for investor meetings, conferences and roadshows
- Assist in updating the quarterly investor presentation
- Attend investor meetings as requested
- Working toward a Bachelor's degree with an expected graduation date of December 2019 or later
- Majors in Business, Marketing, or Finance preferred, but not required
- Excellent listening, verbal and English communication skills
- Proficient in the MS office suite including MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Positive, self-starter attitude and the drive to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- Ability to think critically and exercise sound judgment
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of work
- Have a desire to understand the bigger picture and how your work contributes to it
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.