Corporate Expense Accounting, Analyst
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
The Expense Accounting team sits within the Corporate Accounting & Finance organization, supporting corporate support groups as well as BAP/BXCM. The team interacts with a wide range of business partners and is responsible for the accounting and forecasting of all Blackstone support groups. Additionally, the team drives regional occupancy and depreciation accounting and forecasts, as well as performing many ad hoc analyses. Interaction with other finance groups is extensive. Position Description/Responsibilities
- Monthly closing of the books - booking journal entries, account reconciliations, balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Expense allocations
- Occupancy related costs accounting and analysis
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Interaction with auditors during the year-end audit
- Leveraging reporting systems, e.g. Essbase, and other reporting tools to support ad hoc requests. Low level of detail often required (vendors, employee names, etc...)
- Coordination of expense forecasting and budgeting
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Ad hoc requests
- Cash reconciliations and relevant journal entries
- Intercompany Reconciliation and Settlement of outstanding balances
- Balance Sheet review and ownership of relevant accounts
Analyst Opportunity Details & Requirements
- Trend Analysis
- Business by business review of Overhead Allocations
The candidate we are seeking would assist in the accounting and reporting for all of the Firm's support groups and the other tasks included in accounting for our administrative/overhead entity, BASP. The candidate would assist in month-end activities including posting month end journals, GL to sub-ledger reconciliations, work papers, allocations and standard accounting close tasks. Systems such as Oracle, Essbase, Hubble and Excel would be regularly utilized. The candidate would also participate in projects that improve controls, processes and system enhancements. Experience/Skills Required
- Accounting Degree
- CPA a plus
- Strong technical, analytical & interpersonal skills are required
- Superior MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Experience with Oracle general ledger, Insight Software or ESSBASE a plus
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accountability are critical
- Motivated, high energy, can-do attitude and results-oriented individual with a real sense of urgency and commitment
- Quick learner and able to quickly turnaround ad-hoc requests
- Interest in process optimization & identifying opportunities for creating efficiencies & comfort level to speak up to communicate them
- Broker Dealer accounting experience/familiarity a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.