About this role Role Description We are looking for a senior Associate to support a Vice Chairman, member of the Global Executive Committee, and Co-Chair of the Human Capital Committee with communications, strategic projects, employee engagement, and client meetings in a Chief of Staff capacity.
About this role
We are looking for a senior Associate to support a Vice Chairman, member of the Global Executive Committee, and Co-Chair of the Human Capital Committee with communications, strategic projects, employee engagement, and client meetings in a Chief of Staff capacity.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic and direct management support - including project management, leadership of strategic initiatives, research, and writing for internal and external audiences. Effective execution will require preparation for engagements, fact-based research and writing skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities in collaboration with senior and cross functional business leaders.
- Lead the design and management of the business calendar for the senior executives (e.g., events to attend, audiences to address, clients to meet, countries to visit)
- Craft C-suite level presentations, talking points and briefing memos for senior internal and external engagements in partnership with cross functional teams including our client businesses, strategy, and executive offices
- Ensure effective planning and preparation of the senior executive for meetings (e.g. attendees, materials, pre-meeting briefings, etc.)
- Manage relationships internally and externally; serve as an ambassador for the Vice Chairman and the executive office to key stakeholders
- Independently scope, plan, execute and support special projects initiated by the Vice Chairman
- Develop and execute a communications strategy to support internal and external priorities
- 3-5 years of experience in a directly relevant field (financial services, management consulting or similar). Preferably 2+ years of experience within BlackRock, including a broad view of the organization and its internal processes
- Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to synthesize information, set and execute on strategic and tactical objectives
- Strong contributor and effective team player with ability to deliver in fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Intellectually curious with the ability to take initiative and deliver results in a matrixed global organization
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, written and oral communication skills
- High level of self-motivation with ability to own and drive multiple projects at once
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity and judgment
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.