Corporate Credit Structuring - Consumer/Healthcare/TMT, Vice President
Banking Americas ("BA") is organized along industry sectors. Working closely with Mizuho Securities USA Inc., Mizuho Bank (USA) and other product and risk management partners around the globe, BA utilizes its expertise to deliver creative ideas and tailor-made solutions to clients.
Vice Presidents in Corporate Credit Structuring ("CCS") work with Coverage Bankers to originate, structure, and negotiate facilities (including syndicated and bilateral loans, bridge and acquisition financing, and trade management solutions) for existing and prospective clients. A Vice President is expected to manage and monitor a credit portfolio, providing strategic direction in framing client opportunities and structuring transactions with a balanced focus on risk-return parameters. SUMMARY:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and monitor a client portfolio of 25-30 accounts
- Create detailed credit applications outlining transaction rationale, structure, exposure management plan, business strategy and return analysis
- Liaise with Mizuho coverage, credit, product partners, legal, planning and middle office to ensure seamless and efficient deal execution from start to finish
- Work closely with Coverage Bankers and Product Partners to identify client opportunities and gather required information to complete business screening process
- Respond to various client requests
- Evaluate risk/return parameters of financing transactions.
- Prepare credit applications on new transactions and renewals, outlining transaction rationale, structure, exposure management plan, business strategy and relationship return analysis, and any other requested or required forms or information needed to complete a proper assessment of the transaction.
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transaction evaluation, preparation, due diligence and execution. Review and/or prepare legal documents in conjunction with in-house or outside counsel.
- Coordinate with Credit on risk screening to determine credit risk appetite / rating to support business case and assist with any required due diligence needed to finalize credit opinions/approvals
- Ensure all related internal policies and procedures are followed and manage compliance requirements
- Engage with portfolio team to optimize portfolio via risk/exposure mitigation (loan sales, CDS, credit insurance)
- As part of first line of defense, act as credit steward monitoring client performance trends / market movements in coordination with risk and make recommendations for action plans as it relates to client credit issues/restructuring/exposure management
- Assist with regulatory and audit-related requests/meetings/presentations, as needed
- Coordinate and assist onboarding requests, booking requests, and other administrative functions with Bank Operations
- Assist senior staff with other administrative/portfolio management duties
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background
- Formalized Credit Training from an accredited financial institution (preferred)
- 5-8 years credit experience in a financial institution/rating agency (Consumer & Retail or TMT sector coverage preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas efficiently
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.