Corporate Credit Analyst - General Industries, Vice President
About the Team:
The Americas Credit Department is responsible for reviewing and approving all credit-related applications in the Americas. It is also responsible for approving internal ratings of bank clients. Summary:
This position requires an individual who is open minded (to new skills and potential new industries), can skillfully serve as a linchpin between the various stakeholders within the branches, agencies and other credit departments. The Credit Department VP must possess in-depth industry knowledge and have his/her finger on the pulse of market trends in order to make accurate recommendations to senior management approval or denial of credit requests. Core Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Proven credit analysis skills and related analytical skills/knowledge/abilities:
- Reviews/assesses credit applications from branches/agencies.
- Provides effective analysis of credit including, worthiness of applicant, loan structure, risk return, applicant operating profile and industry profile including historical profit and loss performance, financial condition and cash flow.
- Creates various types of projection/recovery/other financial models, commenting on the reasonableness of assumptions in both management's and Mizuho's sensitivity cases.
- Compares the prospective borrower to its peers and notes industry trends.
- Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized and complete written summary/analysis (Credit Opinion) with recommendations for approval or decline. Discusses with branches/agencies potential changes to credit structure or other conditions for which we would grant credit approval.
- Presents credit approval recommendations to senior management.
- Thoroughly analyzes and recommends appropriate Borrower exposure to maximize risk return.
- Recommends appropriate risk rating for each customer/transaction as required.
- Directly engages in external meetings/presentations/events with syndicate banks, rating agencies, clients, law firms and other related parties, in co-ordination with coverage bankers, other product partners and Mizuho affiliates.
- Proactively monitors and assesses assigned borrowers/industries including market data such as share price, EDF, CDS or loan secondary price or other appropriate indices and reports the information and its impact on credits/industries to Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Complies with credit standards, policies, objectives and requirements. Plays strong management role with branches/agencies to ensure they understand and comply with the policies.
- Acts as liaison between, gathers information (especially on problem customers) from and exchanges views with branches/agencies/other Credit Departments and senior management regarding issues related to credit applications, monitoring, analysis, standards and policies.
- Demonstrates in-depth industry knowledge and information on key industry players within the consumer & retail or industrial industry.
- Exhibits a capacity to analyze the underlying credit trends, including the competence to accurately assess credit migration trends and default possibility of the borrowers.
- Demonstrates credit skills/ability to accurately identify and evaluate underlying risk elements of the borrowers.
- Aptitude to write well organized, accurate and in-depth reports based on information gathered and thoughtful cash flow projections.
- Strong multitasking ability to proactively monitor on an on-going basis the pool of credits to detect potential credit problems at an early stage.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background.
- An open mind, willing to learn new skills and unfamiliar industries.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet both long term and short term time frames.
- Consistently demonstrates effective negotiation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present credit package to decision maker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems/issues.
- Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Formalized credit training from an accredited financial institution (8+ years' experience) and proficient financial modeling skills. MBA or CFA is desired.
- Proficiency in Spanish/Portuguese preferred.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.