Corporate Coverage Specialist
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Jan 18 2018-01-09
Corporate Coverage Specialist is responsible for supporting Relationship Managers (RMs) with the operational responsibilities involved in managing the relationships with subsidiaries of German / European Corporations (Inbounds) in North America in a cross section of industries. Such operational support will allow the RMs to focus their time & efforts more productively on marketing & relationship management, and materially improve the accuracy, efficiency, and uniformity of the European Corporates work processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of multi product (cash management, FX, credit) clients.
- Support RMs in managing client relationships
- Coordinate with Commerzbank relationship managers (lead branch) and credit analysts globally in order to provide support to international components of the European Corporates team’s relationships
- Independently coordinate local and regional RMs and product specialists as required
- Manage account opening initiation and the client take-on process
- Independently research and prepare business presentations for meetings with clients
- Assist in the active management of client relationships and in the absence of the RMs use discretion and judgment to respond to client requests
- Marketing of Commerzbank’s capabilities and services to assigned clients in close cooperation with RMs
- Assist with the preparation of call summaries after client discussions
- Manage Credit Process / Deal Preparation / Account Maintenance
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the preparation of credit applications and Cross Border Sublimits (CBS) – coordinate the information flow with customers
- Coordinate with GRM-CR locally and globally to ensure timely credit decisions.
- Assisting with legal documents. Work with internal counsel to address and satisfy any legal and/or business issues therein, as the case may be
- Coordinate the preparation of Inflow Steering Committee documentation
- Ensure compliance with internal account maintenance and KYC guidelines
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required
- The above responsibilities require an individual that is extremely self-motivated, has the capacity to work independently and coordinate efforts within the Client Relationship Management team
- Basic knowledge of credit process and Corporate Banking products offered in the U.S.
- Good writing skills and attention to detail as well as good communication skills are essential for the position
- Word, Excel & PowerPoint proficiency required
- Must be a strong team player Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of regulations, guidelines, tax issues, legal matters, compliance matters in the US as well as Germany
- Strong bilingual German/English skills – both written and spoken
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This document is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the incumbents. Job responsibilities are subject to change, with or without notice. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities at any time at the Firm’s total discretion.
This document does not constitute a contract of employment with you of any kind, express or implied for any duration, or with respect to any of its stated or omitted terms. As described in the Firm’s employee handbook dated April 2009, the Firm reserves the right to terminate your employment with or without cause, notice or reason at any time at its sole discretion.